Monday, September 22, 2008

Fighting Cancer the Pink Way

The Dean's Office of the College of Arts and Letters at the University of Notre Dame is joining many others fighting against cancer with a month-long fundraising drive in October. Dean John McGreevy, for example, will be auctioning off the opportunity to be DEAN FOR A DAY, and there will be a host of other activities geared for both fun and fun-draising. I'll add links later as more information becomes available.

As for me personally, this blog will chronicle my attempt to wear (and get away with wearing) pink to work every day during the month of October. I will post a picture of my outfit every day on this blog for you to verify this feat of daring-do.

I'm looking for sponsors who will pay to see me wear pink. If you'd like to join the fun, just drop me an email at dmyers@nd.edu and let me know how much per day of pink you are willing to pledge. Because of my schedule for the month, I'll actually be at work 18 days during October. Assuming I can do it every day, you can use this handy little pledge guide to estimate* your contribution:

$1.00 per day = $18
$2.00 per day = $36
$3.47 per day = $63.46
$5.00 per day = $90
$7.67 per day = $138.06
$100 per day = $1800
$117.17 per day = $2109.06

Incentive: If I can gather up more than $1000 in pledges, I will wear an outfit on the last day of the month completely composed of pink items: Pants, Shirt, Tie, Belt, Socks, and even Shoes!

_________________
* Note, all figures calculated by Microsoft Excel and therefore not guaranteed.

No comments: